School plans second China trip | Events
Fourteen Tech Valley High school students are gearing up for their trip to China next spring to continue the school’s focus on the world power.
The students, hailing from school districts across the Capital Region and Mid-Hudson Valley, cover all grade levels.
It will be the second official China trip for TVHS representatives. Last summer a group spent 2 weeks in China as guests of The Office of Chinese Language Council International (Hanban).
This year's tour is being paid for by the students and their families, according to their teacher Leah Penniman.
Students will visit Beijing, Xian and Shanghai, as well as several sites.
Students planning on making the trip are:
- Grace White, from Catskill.
- Dallas Carr, from New Lebanon.
- Robyn Yonkers, from East Greenbush.
- Hunter Fortuin, of Berne Knox Westerlo
- Liam Jilek, from Catskill.
- Savannah Beers, from Cairo-Durham.
- Siana Botts, from Germantown.
- Garth Geritz, Hoosic Valley.
- Thomas Gamsjager, from Cairo-Durham.
- Xena Pulliam, from Berne-Knox-Westerlo
- Andrew Pownall, from Watervliet.
- Joe Coehlo, from Green Island.
- Nicole DiGrado, from Guilderland.
TVHS teaches the Mandarin Chinese language to students and the Chinese culture to better prepare them for the global workforce and global economy.
Top The Greenbushes Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Terror suspect due back in court Thursday
- Federal prosecutors: Jewish organizations instrumental in foiling alleged death ray plot
- Two Capital Region men accused of terror plot
- Albany High music students demonstrate against teacher cuts
- Developer pushes for <st1:stockticker>IMAX</st1:stockticker> aquarium in Albany